Saturday, May 5, 2012

How To Have The Favor Of God

"..You cause them to drink of the stream of Your pleasures." Psalm 36:8b (amp)

She's a multi-talented Lady.  I've been worried for weeks about her.  The untold hours she's put into our church's drama project, the tired eyes and aching feet.  She never complains.  Sometimes frustration has settled in and I want to recommend that she slow down, take care of herself.  But every time I bring my complaints before the Lord, He reassures me to leave her in His tender, loving care...to trust Him...and then I feel peace.  So, in lieu of my worry, I am learning to replace it with sincere prayer that every stroke of the paint brush, every thread of the needle is blessed.  This has truly made a difference in me!

Yesterday, through a turn of events,  Anna and I had nothing pressing to do (can you believe it?).  So, we packed up and headed to the church to  help paint. I picked up my sweet painting ladies and headed to eat.  We had a wonderful time fellowshipping, but because the deadline for finishing is so near, we didn't stay long.  At the church, we began painting and talking.  A unique and wonderful presence of the Lord was so strong in that room.  We began to talk about Him and tears were flowing!  We were literally having church :)  For several hours we painted and basked in His evident approval.  At one point, I kept wondering why she was putting SO much detail into this project.  Suddenly, it all occurred to me what was happening :)  These two, beautiful ladies were painting for Him.   If I knew that Jesus Christ, Himself, had asked me to do something..I would do the BEST I could for Him.  That's what they were doing.  It wasn't just a project.  For weeks I (along with others) have prayed the favor of God over them as they work and I was experiencing it, too!  

So many of us consider "The Favor" to be materialistic.  We say we don't, but everything in our lives reveal this to be contrary to our words.   Yesterday, I literally saw the favor of God on my momma.  She taught us from children that the high road is a servant's heart and that whatever you do, do it as unto the Lord and not to men.  There is no hurt, frustration or disappoint in truly working for God.   That's why I've seen her worship so blessed during service.  That's why her life is fruitful.  Has she received a million dollar check in the mail? No.  What about a promotion or a free vacation? No.  She is not a material-girl. Her powerful love for God has not changed with the seasons or the ebb and flow of life. 

"Have you been in the auditorium and felt the strong presence of God?"  her words caught me one Wednesday night just prior to prayer service.  Yes, I thought to myself, but I didn't feel it.  Hmmmm....now I am seeing.  She is experiencing  a higher plain of living.   It's that pure, old-time brush arbor stuff.  It's having Favor with God, the kind living that I call The Good Life!

No comments: