Saturday, June 30, 2012

How To Receive A Miracle....

This morning the hot sun was pouring it's fervency even in the early.  And I sat on the porch partially shaded by hanging plants as my opened Bible began to pour fervency into my parched earth.  The disciples were in a state of dismay.  Jesus had asked them to "give them something to eat" and the multitude was just too numerous and all they had was enough for a small boy.  But, what they did have, Jesus said, "Bring them here to Me."  I remembered the lack that I have.  My inadequacies and failures as a parent, wife and woman of God.  But this morning, He reminded me that even when I don't have enough wisdom, strength, faith and endurance, just to "Bring them here to Me."  So I did.

The very next amazing thing Jesus did (and He always does amazing things) is that He made everyone relax and recline on the grass....isn't that just like Jesus?  Don't worry...don't stress...just relax now that you've given me your abilities, worries and callings.    He took what they had and looked heavenward.  Hmmm....very good...heavenward brings hope, faith...didn't He say "Look up, for your redemption draweth nigh."?  Earthbound will bring your faith down...listen to the world and your faith will surely falter....for all the things that are earthy is carnal, fleshly, pride of life, maybe even "reality".  But Jesus taught us to look heavenward and to EXPECT!!

 Then He took another amazing step that is so easy to forget...He gave thanks.  A thankful heart (inspite of what we see or are experiencing) will always see miracles.  At that point, the miracle..the overcoming power...the feeding of the incredible multitude was already on the way!  There was simply a blessing and a breaking.  So, it appears that our words do have power.  And only moments before the miracle there is always a time of brokenness. Why?  I guess so that we can have eyes to see and our reputation doesn't matter anymore, our fears are broken by faith and we can truly minister to the multitude.  Yes, I can minister to the multitude...the thousands, and yes, even millions of hungry people.  Whether it's directly from my mouth or through the mouths and voices of my children or those lives that I have touched..those things I've instilled in them by the power of God...or even through the voices of their children.  Just simply because I brought what I had to Jesus, a miracle was born. 

Lord, help me to remember the steps You set out for us to have our own personal miracle!  In Jesus' Name :)

No comments: